Overview of JRButils for MICRO FOCUS v23
JRButils v23 is an extensive set of tools for managing Micro Focus (formerly Novell) products. The majority of the programs are provided in multiple forms for the Windows and Linux platforms. This collection is in nine parts:
- Part 1 comprises 32 bit console (character mode) utilities for use from Windows workstations with the client for OES Enterprise Server (Novell client) installed. There are 116 programs in this section.
- Part 2 comprises 32 bit utilities which are command line based but produce graphical output. These 103 utilities are a subset of those in Part 1, excluding those which typically perform a small task without output. They may also be run without opening a window allowing them to run ‘silently’ in batch files and scripts.
- Part 3 comprises 32 bit programs which have a full graphical interface for both input and output. There are 24 utilities in this section. With the exception of jrbpass and spacemon, which are provided only as full graphical programs, these programs are from part 1 and in some cases combine several programs e.g. homedirs combines the functionality of chkhome and sethome2.
- Part 4 comprises 64 bit console (character mode) utilities for use from 64 bit Windows with the client for OES Enterprise Server (Novell client) installed. There are 105 programs in this section.
- Part 5 comprises 64 bit utilities which are command line based but produce graphical output. There are 94 programs in this section.
- Part 6 comprises 64 bit versions of the 24 utilities from part 3.
- Part 7 comprises three NLMs for running on NetWare servers. They are openfile, makehome and qwatch.
- Part 8 comprises 91 utilities to run on 32 bit Linux, either OES Linux servers, or SUSE clients with NCL installed.
- Part 9 comprises 91 utilities to run on 64 bit Linux, either OES Linux servers, or SUSE clients with NCL installed.
- The final section contains one program. Makehome is a Linux version of makehome.nlm which can run as a daemon, or from a terminal window. Both 32 and 64 bit versions are available.
JRButils Top 10
- Jrbimprt: Mass user creation, deletion and updating
- Jrbpass: GUI password changer supporting NetWare, Universal, GroupWise, Simple and AD domain passwords
- Salvlist: Lists,recovers and purges deleted files (GUI and command line)
- Jrbusers: Displays detailed connection information for selected servers (GUI and command line)
- Whodidit: Displays file and directory information (GUI and command line)
- Netcopy: Fast and efficient tool to copy files and directories while retaining all information including trustee assignments
- Sethome2: Sets "Home Directory" attributes en masse, and can create home directories, and set the rights, ownership and quotas.
- Fsupdate: A very flexible tool for copying directory structures to multiple servers, deleting files or directories from multiple servers, mirroring directory structures, and for setting file and directory attributes on multiple server.
- Setquota: Sets, modifies and removes volume and directory quotas en masse
- Jblookup: GUI user lookup utility allowing any attributes to be displayed
The programs in JRButils are provided without warranty of any kind. Although, every effort has been made to ensure that the programs are bug free and perform as described, neither the author nor JRB Software Limited accept any liability whatsoever for any damages including lost profits or revenue, or any other consequential damages resulting from the use of these programs comprising JRButils. Any action brought against the author or JRB Software Limited will be under the jurisdiction of the courts of New Zealand.
Please report any problems. Suggestions for enhancements and new features are always welcome.